FALL 2014 Viking Obstacle Race
Congratulations to all of our participants in another successful race. Official race results can be found here.
Top 3 Elite Male Top 3 Elite Female
1. David Olson 53:50 (course record) 1. Karlee Whipple 1:07:29
2. Ryan Hall 55:34 2. Ehren Curbelo 1:18:10
3. Alex Nicholas 1:02:23 3. Abby Pollock 1:18:36
- Elite Wave & Prizes for Top Finishers
- OCR World Championship Qualifier
- $1,000 cash total to be awarded to the top 3 Male/Female elite racers. Who will win the coveted Thor's Hammer?
- Registration includes: Viking T-shirt, Finishers' Medal, Lunch, Beer/Beverage Ticket, unlimited digital downloads and After-Party
- No Parking or Spectator Fees
- Race as individuals or teams
- Family friendly event. Free rides to the spectator viewing area.
- Course designed by Rob Butler, an experienced obstacle course racer and designer, of Shale Hill Adventure Farm, Vermont.
- Read the 2014 New England Spahtens Obstacle Racing Team's Review! Written by Paul Jones
- ATHLETE GUIDE
- Just For Fun rides to the spectator viewing area!
- All Race Registrations include: Viking t-shirt, finishers' medal, lunch, beer, beverage ticket, unlimited digital downloads and after-party. Prizes for top finishers.
- No extra charge for parking or spectators
VOLUNTEERS: We need many volunteers to help make this race a success! Send us an email and we will let you know times and responsibilities.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Greenville Rescue Squad
The Viking Obstacle Course is available as a training facility spring through fall. Our permanent 5.5 mile, 35+ obstacle course is well marked and open to the public for individuals and groups. If you are a guest of the resort, the obstacle course is included in your all-inclusive stay. Please visit the main office to sign your waiver and fill out the course attendance log.
Individuals: $25 for a Day Pass
Groups (10+) : $20 for a Day Pass
May 10, 2014 Spring Viking Obstacle Race free digital downloads can be viewed here
2014 Race Results
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How and when can I register for The Sunny Hill Viking Obstacle Race?
Registration is easy, secure, and ONLINE. To inquire about on-site lodging at our all-inclusive resort, please complete a reservation request and indicate you're competing in the race. Please visit us on Facebook.
Will Sunny Hill guests be allowed to use the obstacle course?
Absolutely! This is part of your all-inclusive stay at Sunny Hill. Please use the Course at your convenience for fun or training. Make sure you check in and check out with the Sunny Hill Staff at the main office. Please Note: An updated signed wavier is required before entering the course.
Is this a family friendly event?
Yes. We are making race day a family affair. Sunny Hill is kids dream. There are playgrounds at the party area and registration. We will also be providing rides to the designated spectator viewing area. If you are a guest at the resort, race day child care is provided.
Is it a one-time race?
No! It is our intention to hold fall and spring races, in addition the course will be used as a training facility attracting obstacle course racers/clubs for training camps and scheduled sessions.
Are participants required to stay at Sunny Hill if they live nearby?
We are designing this race to be a family-friendly and race team-friendly weekend where people enjoy our all-inclusive resort and all the amazing amenities that come with it - including kicking back and enjoying themselves after the race. Local racers are encouraged, but not required to book a stay. Please see our hot deal event package listed above.
Why is it called the Sunny Hill Viking Obstacle Course Race?
Since Sunny Hill Resort was founded by some super tough hard working Norwegians in 1920, it seemed fitting to the generations of Nicholsen's to honor our tough obstacle course with the title of "Viking."
What makes The Sunny Hill Viking Race and course different from others?
The 35+ obstacle course is a fixed structure circling through the challenging landscape of the Catskill Mountains at our family resort. Bring your family/team/friends to race and train while we take care of your meals, beds and entertainment. This is one event where you won't want to leave the family at home.
Is there an age limit/minimum?
Yes. The minimum age to participate in the race is 14 years. All participants in the race and course training activities will be required to sign a waiver understanding their risks. Course training participants under the age of 14 will be required to have an adult escort on the course at all times. Participants under the age of 18 will be required to have a parent/legal guardian sign their waiver.
Please email Tinker@SunnyHill.com with questions.